Certified Data Centre Environmental Sustainability Specialist
More data centres are being built, driven by the explosion of data and the processing power required for IoT (Internet of things) sensors and AI (Artificial Intelligence). The percentage of total power consumption by data centres is growing in parallel. It has become vitally important that data centres are optimized for energy efficiency and designed for environmental sustainability. The CDESS® course is aimed at providing knowledge of the standards and guidelines related to environmental sustainability and how to move your data centre (existing or new) to a more environmentally sustainable design and operations.
You will be able to
- Understand the impact of data centres on the environment
- Describe the various environmental/energy management standards
- Understand the purpose and goals of the legally binding international treaties on climate change
- Implement various sustainable performance metrics and how to use them in the data centre environment
- Manage data centre environmental sustainability using international standards
- Set up the measurement, monitoring and reporting of energy usage
- Use power efficiency indicators in a variety of data centre designs
- Use best practices for energy savings in the electrical infrastructure and in the mechanical (cooling) infrastructure
- Use best practices for energy savings for the ICT equipment and data storage
- Understand the importance of water management and waste management
- Understand the different ways to use sustainable energy in the data centre
- Get practical tips and innovative ideas to make a data centre more sustainable
Who is this certification for?
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre professional who works in and around the data centre and has the responsibility to achieve and improve the efficiency and environmental sustainability, whilst maintaining the availability and manageability of the data centre.
Course material provided by the trainer
|Number of questions:||40 (Multiple Choice)|
|Electronic equipment allowed:||No|
|Requirements for certification:||Participants must have at least one to two years of experience in a data centre or facilities environment. The CDCP® is highly recommended. The CDESS® will discuss data centre facility aspects, and without the CDCP® or equivalent knowledge, the participant may not be able to gain the full benefits of the CDESS® training.|